Chief Mechanical Engineer
Mobile: +91 8800943725
A creative design and development leader/professional with expertise in software like Solid works, CFX, Flow-Works, CF-Turbo with 15+ years product design and development experience in reputed Indian Heavy equipment industries seeking an assignment with growth prospects.
Discipline: Mechanical Engineering
Highest Degree: M.E. (BITS-PILANI)
Total Experience: 15 Years (Static & rotating
Relevant Experience: 15 Years (Hydraulic, Mechanical Design & CFD analysis)
(N.P.D with concept development & Reverse Engg.)
- An enthusiastic project Leader/Manager ever willing to accept challenging assignments in product/ prototype design development to expand knowledge and personal capabilities.
- Fine-tuned conceptual and
designingskills and acquired versatility and multidisciplinary approach forbuilding a successful career in Heavy equipmentIndustry.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process. Expertise in Hydraulic Design and CFD analysis.
- As senior Project Lead Engineer with Pentair Water (India) Pvt.Ltd., presently leading/designing the project of Industrial, Residential Equipment and parts for leading Global Sourcing.
- Capabilities in core Mechanical, Research & Development of Mechanical Components
- Acquired expertise in practical usage of various Computer Aided Design software systems as under;
- Designing (Cast Iron, Plastic & sheet metal): Solid Works, Autodesk-Inventor
- Drafting: Solid
works, AutoCAD, Autodesk-Inventor
- Hydraulic Design: CF-Turbo
- CFD: Flow Works, Ansys-CFX
- Product Application: SAP, SmarTeam, Conexus, Stack up
Hydraulic Design and Development:
- Review Hydraulic design of
cross functionalteam and approve design as per stakeholder requirement
- New Flow passage and blade/hydraulic development by CF-Turbo software and by manual calculation.
- Performance evaluation By CFD analysis and
post processingto locate the areas of improvement.
- Flow passage/blade Optimization to improve efficiency by iterative hydraulic design followed by CFD
- Developed hydraulics for
Verticalturbine, Inline, End suction, sump, sewage, Utility pump
- Prototype performance testing at
- Thrust factor and WR2 calculation, Documentation for
Marketstudy, competitive study, product mapping as per market/customer need
- Discuss market requirements with project management and engineering team and product mapping
- Review design concepts and approve them including acceptance
forall stakeholder requirements
- Plan resources, coordinate, supervise and constantly follow up design/development projects according to set deadlines, conformance to quality & reliability
- Review design concept, prototype development, discussion with
productmanager for approval
- Create and supervise product designs, engineering drawings, Bill of material and detailed diagrams of products & accessories.
- Identify root causes and
resolvedproblems in design, corrective & preventive action
- Review and approve part/component drawings for SAP release and mass production.
- Technical Support, Professional Training and on Site Support to the customer on the software, troubleshooting to the team member
- Up-gradation of components as per market need, competitive study
Pentair Water India Pvt Ltd, Noida, India
Senior Project Lead-Mechanical Design (R&D), Jan 2008 Onwards
Company Brief: Pentair Water(India)Private Limited, Pentair (www.pentair.com) from 1966 provides a broad variety of standard, modified engineered solutions to the commercial, energy, electronics, Electrical, industrial, infrastructure, medical and defense markets.
- Industrial Equipment Design and Development:
- Working with the global team for product strategy, new product development, value engineering
- Leading hydraulic development process for Centrifugal pump, vertical turbine pump, end suction pump, sump-sewage-utility pump
- Leading new product development of components (plastic, sheet metal, rubber, Metal parts) by using applicable ASME /ANSI design Codes & standards.
- Supervise construction of prototypes of products and test them for function, quality
andproduce-ability within production cycle time
- Review/leading from concept Development of NPD to final design using standard tooling approach and appropriate materials.
- Design of Centrifugal pumps and its parts used for the Buildings, Infrastructure and Industry applications like water treatment, SSE, agriculture & power industries.
- Onsite work experience at Pentair Industries Ltd, Delavan, USA.
- Preparation of CFD template, correction factor template, hydraulic documentation standards
Data basecreation for hydraulic characteristics (Specific speed, RPM, Flow, TDH) and applications
- Test lab set up and pump testing
- Organizing presentation, weekly group discussion, review meeting for hydraulic competency building
- Vertical Turbine pump development (NPD):- Market study, customer review, competitive analysis, product mapping, discussion with project management team for
targetset up, goal setting, strategy, planning, Hydraulic development, CFD analysis, RPT testing, review of mechanical design and drawing, product release
- FP series pump development:
3 inchseries pump, involves Hydraulic development, CFD analysis, RPT testing, mechanical design, drawing
- L10 series multistage pump performance improvement:-Hydraulic development, Mechanical design
- MPP vortex pump
development :– Hydraulic development, Mechanical design
- Flow switch Redesign to upgrade smart pump performance: Iterative CFD analysis
- SHURFlo pump performance improvement- Hydraulic improvement, CFD analysis
- Integrated Screen design:- Mechanical design
- Automatic utility pump
development :Hydraulic development, CFD analysis, Mechanical design
- Design review of 4”X6” pump motor assembly for interference:- Mechanical design
- Nocchi SCM4PLUS 250/78 Efficiency improvement:- Hydraulic improvement, CFD analysis
- New product development for water sensor:-concept development, Mechanical design
- Reverse Engineering/3D scanning of 3” submersible pump parts
Pentair Spot award for
With strong customer focus, leaded 12inch series vertical line shaft turbine pump for USA market.
Kirloskar Brothers Limited, Kirloskarvadi, Sangli, India
Team Leader-Design (R&D), July 2006 – Jan 2008
Company Brief: Kirloskar Brothers limited is one of the largest manufacturer of pumps in World and renowned for its water giving
Industrial Equipment Design and Development:
- Hydraulic design, Mechanical design, development and pump testing.
- Stress/Thermal analysis of components during
- Sump model
studyand interact with customers with modifications.
- Reverse Engg/ 3D scanning by CMM machine and power inspect software.
- Interact with customers on product development, understand and design products, modify part mechanisms as per their priorities
- Work for delighting customers by exceeding their expectations.
With strong customer focus developed
F.E. Solution, Pune, India
Trainee Stress analysis, Jan 2006 to Jun 2006
Company Brief: F E Solutions, Pune is a premier consulting organization with a proven track record in Mechanical Design & Analysis (CAD/CAE).
Stress analysis / FEA:
Stress analysis(FEA) of Symmetric & Axi-symmetric problems, linear & Non-linear problems, Thermal problems, Contact problems, Map-meshing problems and Transient dynamic problems using Ansys.
On the basis of customer requirement, did FEA of different parts.
Successfully did stress analysis (FEA) of a Punch machine for
C.V. Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar, India
Lecturer, Jan 2003 to Dec 2005
Company Brief: C.V. Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar, one of the reputed educational institutions
in India, has been playing a significant role in creating technologically skilled manpower with a strong emphasis on education and research.
Research & Development:
- Participated in innovative works and analysis of various industrial problems pertaining to Mechanical Design, and development of tools to deal with them.
favouritesubjects like Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Material and Machine Dynamics
- Preparing and evaluating CATIA V5 & Auto-CAD assignments for CAD/CAM laboratory
Developed Tool Dynamometer to measure cutting forces in Lathe M/C for CTTC, Bhubaneswar.
Developed Centrifugal clutch to convert shock load between two gears to gradually applied
Developed Electric Bicycle to be operated by charged battery.
· National scholarship at Standard 10th
· NRTS at Standard 7th
· Merit scholarship at Standard 5th
· Successful Engineers award at Kirloskar Brothers LTD.
· Spot award at Pentair water
· M.E. (Mechanical/Design), 2002, 8.60/10 (CGPA), BITS-PILANI, Rajasthan, India.
· B.E. (Mechanical Engg), 1999, 63.28 %, University College of Engineering, Burla, Orissa, India.
· +2 Sc, 1994, 75.3%, Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa, India.
· 10th, 1992, 74 %, Board of Secondary Education, Orissa, India.
Publication & Presentation
· Presented a paper titled ‘Mechanical Analysis of Glass-fiber-reinforced-cemented-Composite’ in the National
· Presented a paper titled ‘Industrial verification & optimization of resources’ in the National conference on industrial optimization at C.V. Raman
· Standards ISO, ANSI.
· GD&T and Concept development.
· JDE, SmarTeam.
· Stack-up analysis.
· Knowledge of casting process.
· Knowledge of plastics & molding process.
· Proficiency in various Computer Aided Design software systems as mentioned in the capabilities column.
· Familiar with contemporary office software such
· Finite Element Analysis & Signal Processing in rotating
· Space Engineering & Rocketry, BIT-
· ROBOTICS, NITTTR, Kolkatta.